ISBN 13: 9780471826804
Publisher: Wiley-Interscience , This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. View all copies of this ISBN edition:. Synopsis Covers the design and construction of material transport systems that carry free-flowing or granular material via pipes or ducts, by high-velocity air stream.
Buy New Learn more about this copy. Other Popular Editions of the Same Title. Search for all books with this author and title. Customers who bought this item also bought.
- Pneumatic transport for bulk material handling?
- Dry Bulk Material Handling Equipment - NBE, INC!
- Classic Rock Songbook: Guitar Chord Songbook;
- RISK MANAGEMENT FOR THE PNEUMATIC CONVEYING OF SOLIDS IN THE FOOD AND PACKAGING INDUSTRY?
- The Boy Detective: A New York Childhood.
- EXAMPLE POWDER MATERIAL HANDLING PROJECTS WITH COCOA, FLOUR AND SUGAR.
- ABSOLUTE PACKAGING AND AUTOMATION CO., LTD..
Stock Image. New Hardcover Quantity Available: 1. Seller Rating:. The wax product is adhered to paper and used in the graphics industry as a transfer agent for transferring images onto various plastic products including food packaging.
- Suitable products;
- Youre Doing It Wrong!: How to Improve Your Life by Fixing Everyday Tasks You (and Everyone Else) Are Totally Screwing Up.
- Screened Out (Radical Thinkers).
- ATOMIC AND MOLECULAR DATA FOR RADIOTHERAPY AND RADIATION RESEARCH.
- Your Single Source for All Your Bulk Material Handling Needs;
- How Organizations Remember: Retaining Knowledge through Organizational Action.
- Rigorous Development of Complex Fault-Tolerant Systems.
- The Sapphire Crescent: The Scions of Arrabar Trilogy, Book I.
- The rise of pneumatic conveying systems!
- Our Products!
- More Pneumatic Conveyor Manufacturer Listings.
- RISK MANAGEMENT FOR THE PNEUMATIC CONVEYING OF SOLIDS IN THE FOOD AND PACKAGING INDUSTRY;
Previously lb bags containing wax beads were stacked on a pallet, lifted onto a mezzanine level above two melt tanks, where two workers would cut the ends open with utility knives and then dump the bags into heated tanks. Organizationally, it was determined that a pneumatic conveying system would be the best solution to comprehensively eliminate the risk.
Pneumatic conveying systems use vacuum to gently and quickly move materials from point to point with nothing in the way to impede the efficiency of its movement. Used to convey, batch, and weigh dry materials from fine powders to plastic pellets and caps, these systems are a common solution for organizations seeking to eradicate ergonomic hazards. When the time came to modify the process and choose a pneumatic conveyor manufacturer, Cooley contacted the Memphis, TN, office of Jim Robbins and Associates , local bulk solids and pollution control equipment experts.
For more than 60 years, VAC-U-MAX has designed and manufactured innovative pneumatic conveyor systems and support equipment for the conveying, weighing, and batching of dry materials and is a pioneer with many industry firsts including air-powered venturi power units, direct-loading of vacuum-tolerant process equipment, and vertical-wall Tube Hopper material receivers. Typically, the melting point of wax poses some challenges. Wax that melts at very low temperatures becomes sticky and adhesive, requiring provisions to ensure the wax melts in the tank and not in the equipment being used to convey.https://merphi.tk
News & Noteworthy
Although all pneumatic conveying systems require some bit of human interaction, the first system iteration proposed the ideal solution to eliminate worker effort and risk, coming as close to a fully automated system as possible, complete with automated super sack unloading equipment and dual material receivers to facilitate the delivery of both gloss and matte wax beads to their respective tanks.
Although the automated bulk bag unloader would have further reduced worker interaction in the process, and therefore worker risk, it did not add a whole lot to the package otherwise. On average, the company that operates three shifts five days per week transfers lbs of wax beads per shift. Had International Converter wanted to increase throughput, or had higher volumes of material to move, the bulk unloader would have been a more viable option.
Since the amount of pellets through the system was lower capacity, rather than using a bulk bag unloader, the manufacturer proposed that workers use a wand to suck material out of the super sack rather than suspending it.